From interactive science and demonstrations to music and dance, there will be plenty happening for the kids at the Green Fair on Saturday 4 April. Here's a taste of what will be happening!
- Free Solar Tuk Tuk rides around the block
- Mechanical Surfboard ride
- Orbit ride - a Gyroscope – click here to see a video
- “Wally the Wizard”- KESAB stage performance about reducing waste
- “Ice Through the Solar System”- Science show
- “The Science of Fireworks”- Science show
- Virtual Reality experiences
- Giant Inflatable basketball hoop
- Mobile Junk and Nature Play with Glenn Wagland
- Face Painting my Amarly
- Jumpy Castle by Bec’s Jump n’ Party
- Kinetic Sand Making- by Communities for Children (PAGE Group)
- Water rockets (2 x sessions)
- Brainbox electrical circuits
- Solar and hydrogen powered toys (for playing with and also for sale)
- Children’s book readings by Communities for Children (PAGE Group)
In addition to the Festival events though, the organisers are also working in collaboration with the Department of Education and local Kindy Directors/ School Principals in the months leading up to the festival as part of the SA Power Networks Green Youth Engagement Program. This program will:
- Link local renewable energy projects and other sustainability initiatives to the curriculum through guest speakers, tours, performances, art, design, science and fun activities.
- Connect students with the local, national and international renewable energy industry.
The Green Youth Engagement Program will culminate into a special student exhibition, which will be on display at the Port Augusta Cultural Centre - Yarta Purtli during the festival.
If your school is interested in getting involved, contact us.